Here we’ll show the working process to change password in comcast xfinity wifi modem, along with a video presentation. Just scroll down and read…
We all know about the famous Xfinity brand which is owned by Comcast, it is a top player in the industry of cable and broad band services.
There is no doubt, is has huge customer base. Especially for its broadband services.
The era of using traditional wired broadband is long gone, we all are addicted to wireless internet now. As a result, WiFi modems took over traditional modems. When you have a WiFi router, you can connect to more than one device, that too without any wires.
But there is a problem with this.. If your Wifi Router is not password protected, then its easy for others to make use of your internet. They just need a device that is capable to receive Wifi signal. So protect your router with a password now.
Change your password frequently to be safe! Here is the guide for it.
You can follow the steps shown below to set or change the password of your wifi network which is powered by Comcast.
Steps to set or change wifi password in Xfinity Routers
- Simply open your web browser either from your mobile or computer.
- Enter this url on address bar : http://10.0.0.1
- Now you will be asked to enter your username and password by Xfinity Login.
- The default username is “admin” and the default password is “password”. In case you changed xfinity password, then you should use it instead of the default one.
- After login, you’ll see a bunch of options. At the left side, you’ll see “Connections” option in the menu.
- Click on Connections, now “Wifi” option appears below it.
- Click on that Wifi link.
- It’ll show your router name there.. Click on the EDIT button.
- There you can see “Network Password” column, simply enter your new password there.
- Now hit on “Save Settings”. You are done 🙂
Now you will be disconnected from your wifi and you should connect it again with the new password that you have just set.
All other devices using your network gets disconnected automatically. They do not get access unless they enter updated password. So strangers are kicked out of your network.
Are you confused with the steps? then watch the video below.
Thanks to Green Blob Dude Youtube channel for uploading this helpful video, all credits of the video goes to that channel.