I know that feel! When you have an important work, and your outlook 2016 won’t open.
It got stuck and it keeps hanging on the start screen. It doesn’t move on from the processing screen. We get so much irritation as we are dependent on our mail.
Thinking how you can to solve this issue? Do not worry, we have a working solution for this, it is explained below in a step by step manner. Any one can easily implement it.
Some other tutorials are leading their readers to fix this issue by manipulating the corrupted outlook files, but the success rate is low for them. Here, we are showing a risk-free way which doesn’t involve any manual file manipulation.
Many people are changing the mail profiles to see if it works. But you do not have to mess with the profiles, just follow this procedure.
Solution to open outlook 2016
- The first thing you have to do is, open “RUN” box.
- You can open run box by searching for “run”, Like shown below. (or) You can also access it from Start menu.
- In the run box, type “outlook.exe /safe” and press enter.
- By doing this, we are opening the outlook program in safe mode.
- When starting up, it will ask you to choose a profile if you have multiple profiles, select any profile as you wish.
- Outlook will open and it may repair itself if any files were corrupted.
- Now you can exit outlook and restart it from your desktop as usually. Now it should work fine without hanging.
That’s it you are done 🙂
This procedure was implemented on many devices and the result was awesome, not even a single failure. In case if you encountered any problem, let us know via comments.
Q: Why am I getting “Windows cannot find ‘outlook.exe/safe’ error in run box?
A: You have to give one space before and after “/”. Like this —–> outlook.exe / safe
Q: Is this a permanent fix?
A: I did this 1 month back and no problems so far.
Interesting to read…