How can you easily add stylish pull quotes to your WordPress posts and pages? That too without any coding involved? We hold the answer here! Just continue reading…
Pull Quotes are very useful to drag user’s attention and keep him to continue reading the article. The tradition of pull quotes is very old, it evolved with newspapers and press. Still, we see pull quotes in today’s newspapers and magazines. They highlight a paragraph or a few lines in huge font. Online Media is not an exception to this! Many popular media sites are using pull quotes to give awesome reading experience to visitors.
PullQuotes for WordPress
It is a nice decision if you want to use pull quotes on your WordPress Blog, but how to show them in a beautiful way?
The solution is.. using a WordPress plugin called “Beautiful Pull Quotes“.
It’s a simple plugin that has 3 ready made pull quote styles for you, you can choose any one of the styles.
Here is a screenshot of a pull quote powered by that plugin. Isn’t it cool?
No need to do any manual coding.. just install the plugin and use.
How to get it for your site?
- Log into your site’s admin dashboard.
- Go to Plugins > Add new > Search for the plugin named “beautiful pull quotes”
- Select the plugin from search results. It contains a green colored quote icon.
- Click on Install and then activate it.
How to use it?
- After successful installation, go to Settings> Beautiful PullQuotes
- There you’ll see three quotation styles. Choose one of it and click on Save Settings.
Now you are ready to use it.
- Go to your post or page, select the sentence your want to show as a quote.
- Now click on green colored quote button from your editor buttons.
- It’ll ask you to select alignment (Left Quote / Right Quote / Full-width Quote)
- Select one of it and you are done!
Now see the preview of your post, you will be amazed 🙂
How to add author/source name to your quote?
- After clicking on the quote button from editor menu. You’ll see a short code in the starting of your sentence.
- There you’ll see an attribute called cite=” “
- Put your author name in that double quote, like cite=”Steve Jobs”.
- That’s it.
You can put many quotes as you want like this.
How to get support for this plugin?
Go to official plugin page at WordPress.org and click on support tab there. It allows you to post any problem or bug regarding this plugin. The plugin author himself will check your problem and reply back with a solution. You need to log in with a wordpress.org support user account in order to request support.