Learn to rotate videos in VLC media player and save them, both windows and mac users can use this guide.
Believe me, its really easy to do it.
Rotating a video in VLC media player is not a big task.
But beginners without any familiarity may confuse, so we wrote this simple guide here to let you transform and save your video permanently as you want.
Rotate and Save Video in VLC
FOR WINDOWS USERS
- Locate your video file and open it using VLC Player.
- As you know, there is a menu bar at the top, choose “Tools” there.
- Now select Effects and Filters from the sub menu it opens.
- Now select “Video Effects” Tab from Adjustments and Effects Window it opens. (See the Screenshot on right)
- Again, select the “Geometry” sub tab from that.
- Now you will see a bunch of options to rotate your video.
- You can do rotation in two ways, either you can use transform option or use rotate option.
- Tick the transform option and select the degree of rotation from below drop down box. (OR) Tick the rotate option and select rotation from the circle which appears below. Watch the video embedded below for better understanding.
FOR MAC USERS
- As usually open the video you want to rotate.
- Under the Preferences of VLC, click on show all option in the bottom left. There you have to choose “Rotate”.
- Now click on “Window” in the MENU BAR of VLC and select Video Filters option.
- There you have to select “Geometric” tab.
- Now click on transformation check box and select the rotation degree as you want. That’s it your video will be automatically rotated.
That’s it, we are done with the both windows and mac versions of rotate video in VLC. Let us know in comments if MAC users faced any confusion while rotating the video. Soon we will add a video tutorial for mac vlc users also.